Make your own free website on Tripod.com
CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 2:33:32 AM #5164474

                        *Im on the floor curled up, my stomach clenches in painful spasms. And for the first time
                        in a very long time, I feel genuine fear. My thoughts run like a freight-train. I shouldnt
                        have. I shouldnt have done this. Why did I do this? Dear Lord, there are other ways.
                        How long has it been? Twenty minutes? Thirty? Looking up, I see the phone. I could
                        call someone. No, wait. If this gets on the news, itll ruin everyone. Not just me. I dont
                        care about me, right now. Who is out there?

                        I thought it would be easy.... ^reaching for the phone^ just pass out, and then its over,
                        right? ^pushing the numbers as well as I can.^ It would be all over, and everyone could
                        go on with their life. I took the entire bottle. ^Ring..damn you ring.^ Please be at work.*
Liz..Dalton please... No, I wouldnt have dialed the number unless I had access. Please get her. *Never knew how hard it
would be to speak to the phone.*

*I realize, Im too cowardly to do this. But it might be too late. Crap, Ill do anything, hell, give me the damned operation, then
put me in rehab. I dont care anymore. There are ways to keep this quiet. My own family doesnt have to know. Daddy just
went away again. Hurt mom, yep, I sure did, didnt I? Im good at that. Only thing I know.*

 Agent Elizabeth Dalton is the head of security for the
                           President of the United States...what is the world coming to?!?
                           ("How can I give you all your due...take courage from your courage...honor
                           your exact legacy as it is...recognizing as well that it is not enough?" -
                           Unknown)
                           ICQ#: 1835745 Off
                           MUN: Jen AIM: KitPrydeMU ist Off ... 1/30/2001 2:41:14 AM #5164632

                           You have a phone call, Ms. Dalton. It sounds very important. I'm transfering
                           it to your office. *she hears through the ear piece from the White House switch
                           board.*

                           *She's not sure what to think of it, really. Her mind racing as she tries to figure out
                           who would call her at this time in the morning with something important. There's no
                           one she can think of, but that doesn't matter...it's not like it's a prank.*

                           *She calls out for Allan on her communicatior to relive her for a while. He gets
                           there in thirty seconds, and she's off dashing to her office. Upon getting there, some
twenty seconds later, she opens the door, and rushes for her desk. She lands and slides on the chair, but catches the switch to
her phone with her hand as she slides away from the screen of the telo-screen* ~This better be good..~ *she thinks to herself.
She slides the chair back into place, and looks into the screen, still seeing black* Yes?

 CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 2:44:22 AM #5164680

                        *I had to close my eyes, because the ceiling started to spin. I wait for an eternity with
                        the damned Muzak, from the White House piping into my ears. Stupid stupid stupid.
                        ACK! Someday, that will change, like the sheets in the Lincoln bedroom. Ah
                        man, my mind is wandering. Probably why it seems far off when she picks up and
                        sounds like shes going to plow her fist through the phone, and take out my right ear.*
                        Liz...its Christopher. I.... *Wow, even lying on the floor, trying to think, I have a hard
                        time saying it.* I need help. Now.. and.. I dont want anyone to know.... *I can still think
                        straight enough to get that across. Thats a good sign. My voice waivers and cracks, I
                        can hear that. Shit, I wanted to sound like Don Juan.*

 Agent Elizabeth Dalton is the head of security for the
                           President of the United States...what is the world coming to?!?
                           ("How can I give you all your due...take courage from your courage...honor
                           your exact legacy as it is...recognizing as well that it is not enough?" -
                           Unknown)
                           ICQ#: 1835745 Off
                           MUN: Jen AIM: KitPrydeMU ist Off ... 1/30/2001 2:50:51 AM #5164813

                           *The blood drains from her face. He sounded awful...and on top of that, he was
                           asking for help. From her. Something she knows he would never do in normal
                           circumstances. Shit. Time for questions later, well, save one* You're at home,
                           right?

 CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 2:51:52 AM #5164839

                        *Long pause, while I try to remember where I am. After all these years being on the
                        road, its difficult sometimes...my mind drifts, and I have to bring it back around.* uh..
                        yeah.

 Agent Elizabeth Dalton is the head of
                           security for the President of the United
                           States...what is the world coming to?!?
                           ("How can I give you all your due...take courage from
                           your courage...honor your exact legacy as it
                           is...recognizing as well that it is not enough?" -
                           Unknown)
                           ICQ#: 1835745 Off
                           MUN: Jen AIM: KitPrydeMU ist Off ... 1/30/2001 2:55:30
                           AM #5164910

                           *She curses herself mentally for the telo-screen for not being
                           a portable.* I'll be right there. *she disconnects, and races
                           out of the White House, and to her car outside. When she's
                           in her car, and has it turned on, she lets her foot go like lead
                           on the peddle, and is off like a bat out of hell, going a good
                           120 mph*

 CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 2:58:14 AM
                        #5164962

                        *The phone falls from my grasp. Its a light little thing, hard to even
                        tell its there. A bit of fear, and probably several things going on
                        inside my body. Ok its overloading. The drugs are far too strong
                        for me to fight off. Hell, my own damned horse couldnt fight off
                        this many narcotics. I feel sweat on my face and forehead, and my
                        hands shake, weakened. ^please hurry Liz. I dont know how far
                        the hospital is.^ Im trying not to close my eyes.*

 Agent Elizabeth Dalton is the head of
                           security for the President of the United
                           States...what is the world coming to?!?
                           ("How can I give you all your due...take courage from
                           your courage...honor your exact legacy as it
                           is...recognizing as well that it is not enough?" -
                           Unknown)
                           ICQ#: 1835745 Off
                           MUN: Jen AIM: KitPrydeMU ist Off ... 1/30/2001 3:13:18
                           AM #5165237

                           *She does pretty good not hitting anyone or anything during
                           the trip. But, like she's told Jordan before, she used to drive
                           this way all the time back in New York; she's pretty
                           proficient at it.*

                           *She reaches CJ's property, and starts driving up the drive
                           way. She continues up to the ranch house, where she squeals
to a halt. The cabin inside is jarred, but she pays it no mind as she is climbing out of the car. She makes a
dash for the door. She finds the bolt locked. She takes a step back, then kicks, knocking the lock free.
The door opens, and she rushes in* CJ??? *she yells*

CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 3:16:06 AM
                        #5165280

                        *I lay only a few feet away from her. I'd somehow managed to
                        turn enough to attempt to get up. But I never made it. Im barely
                        there mentally, yeah, I can hear her. My mind just cant find a way
                        to respond. My heartbeat continues to escalate, and I can barely
                        draw breath, much less tell her anything. I cant keep my eyes
                        open much longer, looking at her, it seems almost unreal. The fear
                        was gone a few moments ago. I dont have that anymore, in fact, I
                        dont feel much of anything at this moment in time. Time though,
                        seems to have lost its meaning as well.*

Agent Elizabeth Dalton is the head of
                           security for the President of the United
                           States...what is the world coming to?!?
                           ("How can I give you all your due...take courage from
                           your courage...honor your exact legacy as it
                           is...recognizing as well that it is not enough?" -
                           Unknown)
                           ICQ#: 1835745 Off
                           MUN: Jen AIM: KitPrydeMU ist Off ... 1/30/2001 3:18:07
                           AM #5165305

                           *She rushes to his side. shit shit shit shit shit. She needed to
                           get him up and out of here and that would be impossible for
                           her to do herself.* CJ...*She reaches for his hand* Stay with
                           me. Please, Stay with me!!! *with her other hand, she
                           reaches for fallen phone*

CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 3:22:18 AM
                        #5165387

                        *Im trying, I keep my eyes on her, trying not to drift off. I can feel
                        a burn inside, like my blood has been lit on fire. What the hell are
                        in Vicodin anyhow? Painkillers yes...but...what time is it? I close
                        my eyes for a long minute, finding it harder to force them back
                        open. I hope she knows what to do, because I dont. At least...Im
                        not alone.*

Agent Elizabeth Dalton is the head of
                           security for the President of the United
                           States...what is the world coming to?!?
                           ("How can I give you all your due...take courage from
                           your courage...honor your exact legacy as it
                           is...recognizing as well that it is not enough?" -
                           Unknown)
                           ICQ#: 1835745 Off
                           MUN: Jen AIM: KitPrydeMU ist Off ... 1/30/2001 3:28:08
                           AM #5165485

                           *the hand she's holding his with gets very hot for a moment*
                           Eyes on me, Christopher. Don't you dare close them!!! *she
                           presses in 911 on the tele-screen. The automated-response
                           bot comes on* State the nature of your emergency *the
                           dry scratchy voice says*

                           *she glances at CJ then back at the screen* Looks like an
overdose. We need a paramedic here, pronto! *she rattles off the address of the ranch. She's just lucky
that the response time is down to three minutes. Once on the ambulance he would have oxygen, and that
damn well better keep him tickin*

 CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 3:31:42 AM
                        #5165552

                        *The shock of the heat brings me back around a little. I take three
                        quick breaths, trying hard to put something back into my lungs. I
                        feel like Im suffocating. And damn does it hurt. Youd think with
                        all these painkillers inside, that nothing would hurt. But everything
                        does. Feels like my entire body is convulsing. But if that were the
                        case, then Id be moving, right? My thoughts waiver again after a
                        few minutes, and I lose focus. Trying to stay awake like she
                        commands, and not doing well to succeed. I can hear a small
                        choking sound in my throat, but Ive no idea why.*

Agent Elizabeth Dalton is the head of
                           security for the President of the United
                           States...what is the world coming to?!?
                           ("How can I give you all your due...take courage from
                           your courage...honor your exact legacy as it
                           is...recognizing as well that it is not enough?" -
                           Unknown)
                           ICQ#: 1835745 Off
                           MUN: Jen AIM: KitPrydeMU ist Off ... 1/30/2001 3:36:47
                           AM #5165608

                           *The screen goes black as the bot ends the transmission.
                           She drops the phone, and brings her full attention back to
                           CJ* Stop that!! *she commands, and gives him another
                           burst of heat to the hand

 CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 3:39:39 AM
                        #5165629

                        *Another quick, heaving intake, and my eyes, heavily dialated,
                        search through the grey for her. I mumble something
                        indistinguishable. I think I just tried to apologize.*

Agent Elizabeth Dalton is the head of
                           security for the President of the United
                           States...what is the world coming to?!?
                           ("How can I give you all your due...take courage from
                           your courage...honor your exact legacy as it
                           is...recognizing as well that it is not enough?" -
                           Unknown)
                           ICQ#: 1835745 Off
                           MUN: Jen AIM: KitPrydeMU ist Off ... 1/30/2001 3:43:49
                           AM #5165675

                           *She's watching him, keeping both of her eyes steady of his
                           eyes. Her face looks as cold as stone, showing barely any
                           expression at all, except for a little strain in the eyes.* CJ,
                           you must stay with me. If you don't, I swear I'll beat your
                           ass! Do you hear??? I'll beat your ass for even thinking you
                           can leave me!!! *a minute's passed since the call. Two more.
                           Two more minutes and they'll be there*

 CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 3:45:57 AM
                        #5165702

                        *Watching her, I blink a bit. Leave her? Who said I was leaving
                        her? Im leaving everything else. Remember? I am too damned
                        scared to do anything right now.*

Agent Elizabeth Dalton is the head of
                           security for the President of the United
                           States...what is the world coming to?!?
                           ("How can I give you all your due...take courage from
                           your courage...honor your exact legacy as it
                           is...recognizing as well that it is not enough?" -
                           Unknown)
                           ICQ#: 1835745 Off
                           MUN: Jen AIM: KitPrydeMU ist Off ... 1/30/2001 3:49:57
                           AM #5165741

                           *Even though she knows it isn't her fault, she still blames
                           herself for this happening, and Jordan. She knew what was
                           going to come, and she told him what was going to come.
                           Her attempts to tell CJ were futile, if best, and were always
                           shot down by CJ, while Jordan didn't even try. The anger
                           inside was split between the three of them....the same anger
                           that starts to show itself in her outward appearance in the
form of her eyes getting a dark glow yellowish glow to them. One minute and thirty seconds*

 CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 3:52:08 AM
                        #5165766

                        *I close my eyes to that look. I cant see her anger, I cant deal
                        with it now. Ive done enough to make people close the book on
                        me. Ok, pity party is up and running, but damn its my last one, I
                        better make it worth it. Whether or not I like it though, its
                        interrupted by the feel of my chest seizing up, and Im rocked in a
                        spasm of some kind.*

 Agent Elizabeth Dalton is the head of
                           security for the President of the United
                           States...what is the world coming to?!?
                           ("How can I give you all your due...take courage from
                           your courage...honor your exact legacy as it
                           is...recognizing as well that it is not enough?" -
                           Unknown)
                           ICQ#: 1835745 Off
                           MUN: Jen AIM: KitPrydeMU ist Off ... 1/30/2001 3:56:23
                           AM #5165828

                           *The sounds of the ambulance can now be heard as it starts
                           going up the driveway*

                           Hey!! Reopen your eyes!! *another small burst of heat. All it
                           is is simple heat. No flames included.* Oh, crap...*she
                           mumbles*

 CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 4:00:45 AM
                        #5165903

                        *I couldnt open my eyes if I wanted to. My hand slackens in her
                        grip. That seizing is what happens when a person's heart has had
                        enough, and no longer wants to function normally. Lack of blood
                        and oxygen to the brain forced me to slip off into a twilight
                        unconsciousness. I can hear her, very acutely, but I cant
                        respond.*

Agent Elizabeth Dalton is the head of
                           security for the President of the United
                           States...what is the world coming to?!?
                           ("How can I give you all your due...take courage from
                           your courage...honor your exact legacy as it
                           is...recognizing as well that it is not enough?" -
                           Unknown)
                           ICQ#: 1835745 Off
                           MUN: Jen AIM: KitPrydeMU ist Off ... 1/30/2001 4:07:47
                           AM #5165970

                           Dangit!!! *she lets go of his hand, and climbs around. He
                           could go into cardiac arrest of stop breathing any minute.
                           The best she can do is give him CPR, if it comes to that, but
                           she's not medically trained...Maybe after this week, she
                           should really consider getting medical training. Maybe basic
                           training so she can do little emergency things...just
                           something*

*Three paramedics come rushing through with a gurney and a tank of oxygen with a mask*
 

*she doesn't turn to look at them, but climbs up, and steps back away from them to let them do their
work*

 CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 4:11:47 AM
                        #5166006

                        *I hear different voices now. Strangely it takes me a minute to
                        figure it out, then I slip a little further, a few things happen at once.
                        I feel a long jolt as Im poked and prodded, and then Im moved,
                        and the sharp pain from my back rips up into my brain, I wince at
                        that. What they did, I cant tell, but it wasnt healthy by any means.
                        And then theres silence, and I cant hear much of anything
                        anymore.*

Agent Elizabeth Dalton is the head of
                           security for the President of the United
                           States...what is the world coming to?!?
                           ("How can I give you all your due...take courage from
                           your courage...honor your exact legacy as it
                           is...recognizing as well that it is not enough?" -
                           Unknown)
                           ICQ#: 1835745 Off
                           MUN: Jen AIM: KitPrydeMU ist Off ... 1/30/2001 4:21:57
                           AM #5166099

                           *CJ's brought outside, then is loaded onto the ambulance.
                           Just as the men are closing it, she places her hand in the door
                           and stops them from closing the door* I'm coming with you
                           guys. If you like it, fine, if you don't, I don't really care, and
                           there is no chance you can tell me I can't, even though I'm
                           not a blood relative. I have the backing of the US
                           government behind me. *At which point she flashes her
White House Staff badge. They then allow her in without any further objection*

 CJ Vexx (Legacy)
                        AIM: RmgdnX or Myth and Rumor ... 1/30/2001 4:24:25 AM
                        #5166117

                        *From that this story is going to be plastered on every major
                        newspaper by morning. Whats worse, you cant call it an
                        accidental overdose when they find thirty pills consumed. By
                        morning, Im simply sleeping it off, and gearing up, for a week of
                        hell. Ill be nauteous, and uncooperative, and Im going to be the
                        moodiest bastard this side of the Mississippi. heh...*